- Equal opportunities for all Tasmanian students
- Freedom of choice in schooling for all Tasmanian families
- Diversity in education to support the needs of each individual student
- Independence for individual schools
- Excellence – providing quality services to members
- Equity – serving all students and schools equally well
- Passion and commitment to supporting independent schools
- Efficiency in delivering services
Commitment to local, national and global collaboration in education
IST serves the independent schools of Tasmania through representation, advocacy and support
Strategic Intent – Key Outcome Targets 2016-2018
- IST will ensure that it is consulted on all relevant government policy and that IST’s recommendations are fully negotiated.
- IST will keep the Tasmanian community fully informed about independent school issues.
- IST will assist member schools to increase independent school market share of student enrolments in Tasmania to 12%.
- IST will support the development of high quality, evidenced based practice for school leadership.
- IST will secure commitment from Government to provide 100% funding required to meet the costs of adjustment to adequately support students with disabilities.
- IST will develop a framework for IST’s effective governance and leadership succession planning and transition.
- IST will develop a more efficient and effective model to operate as a self-funded entity.
- IST will retain the membership of all Tasmanian independent schools.